Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stranded - Day 1 & 2

Day 1

My ship broke and i have nothing on my body except my water-heavy clothes. I see land, but hesitate to go, maybe i should first look for all supplies left in my sunken ship before heading into the unknown. Diving and holding my breath i go town to the body of my ship. I find two chests with a bit of armor and a sword. A bit of food and other supply i may need later. Even a bit of wood and basic tools. I also found a bit of stone i will have to use later. Before it is getting dark i should explore a bit of the land, get a few seeds to start a basic wheat farm, and find some stone. I found a bit of coal on the surface and in a little cave-in under a gravel-trap i dodged, i found even a bit more of coal and stone. While mining stone with a freshly made wooden pickaxe i made from wood i found in my ship and wood i destroyed of my ship (since its sunken i may as well use it) i was attacked by a spider. No problem for the iron sword and i immediately closed up the dark cave the spider came out of. I planted my seeds on the shore and now had to decide where i wanted to live. Yesterday when i thought about this scenario i figured a house that is up a few blocks so monsters can't easily reach it may be a good idea, but now i got a better idea. I headed into the ocean back to my ship. No mobs will spawn in water i thought and started building a platform right over my wooden past. The sun started to kiss the horizon goodbye.

Night 1

It was a peaceful night, i made torches and put it down on my little piece of artificial land i created as a permanent home until i found the monument. I expended the area and then gathered more wood from my ship. I also headed down into my ship to gather a few more things, but i was mislead and used up precious time hunting after a ghost (destroying parts of the ship only to find out that it was the room i already looted). I made a few more tools, started a basic layout of my platform and rested to be ready for the big journey that was to come. While waiting i made the worst mistake of the first day. I ate the only melon i had instead of making seeds out of it, immediately after i ate it i screamed "NOO", but it was too late.

Yvonne, the cow, walked up to me and bumped me with her nose while i took this screenshot of the wizard's tower in the distance.


Day 2

The sun rose and i knew exactly what i had to do. The answer was easy, i needed a steady supply of wood. So i headed inside the land and soon found that the land is filled with animals and i can kill some without having to worry to extinct a species. After walking a few meters i realized that it was a bad idea to run inside the land and get lost, so i changed my plans and ran on the shoreline instead which will later provide me protection to the death that was about to come. After a while of walking i saw a mysterious huge tower, which looked old and forgotten. I was sure that this would not be the last time to see this tower, but for now i had to leave it behind and head further. Not far after i saw the tower i saw a swamp with trees, the perfect way to get some saplings and bring them to my home. After i knocked down one tree with an axe i made the night before i realized that it was a day journey and it was about to get night, so i grabbed all the saplings i could get and headed back home not knowing what horrors the night would bring.

Night 2

The night was scary, i was not attacked by any monster, because i had the chance to keep a distance. The only thing that saved me was the fact that i was near water though. It didn't take long and hordes of monsters started spawning, i tried to walk along the shoreline, but soon had to switch onto swimming to avoid any confrontation. While swimming home i looked on the shore and i never saw so many monsters crowded onto each other like on the tokyo metro. On my way back home i saw two spider jockeys, which is a very rare mob and two in one night is just ridiculous. One time i tried to count what i saw on a third of my screen on a very crowded place and it were 7 creepers, 5 skeletons and 3 spiders. There was no way that they spawned without spawners everywhere in the ground. Reaching my platform i planted some seeds next to my platform, thinking "Screw this, there is no way I'm going out there on the land right now".

2 comments:

  1. Good adventure! it sounds exciting also~ Keep on exploring. I would like to watch you play this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was for some time confused by the description below the screenshot.Haha

    ReplyDelete